|Endless Doves||←||Roller Polar||→||Platform Panic|
|Submolok||←||Roller Polar||→||Platform Panic|
The player controls a Polar Bear on a snowball as it avoids other animals and objects while trying to outrun an avalanche.
- Tap the screen (mobile)/Click or press (browser) - jump
- Tap the screen twice (mobile)/Click twice or press twice (browser) - Double jump
Players control a polar bear trying to stay on balance atop a snowball as it rolls downhill. Rocks, trees and other creatures can be caught by the snowball and roll to the top. The polar bear must jump over these obstacles to keep on the snowball. From time to time, snowballs may also collide with each other, forcing the player to transfer the polar bear to a new snowball. Each obstacle jumped over increases the score by an increment of 1.
The game's aesthetics change to match the time the game is played in, e.g. playing Roller Polar in the day time displays a bright coloured sky, while playing in the night time displays a purple one.
In app purchases
The game contains an in app purchase that allows players to remove ads.
|Item||US ($)||EUR (€)|
Roller Polar was slated for a four week development time. All of Markus Heinel's art for the game was finished on November 17th, 2014. By November 29th, 2014, the game had been submitted and approved on both the Apple App store and the Google Play store. The game was released on December 4th, 2014, on Google Play and the Apple App Store, with a browser release following on December 9th.
- November 28th, 2014 - The game was announced and a teaser trailer launched.
- December 2nd, 2014 - Two teasers are shown, one by John Kennedy and one by Nitrome
- December 4th, 2014 - The game was released on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- December 9th, 2014 - The game was released on browser.
- December 10th, 2015 - Nitrome announced that Update 1 had been released
This version was released on December 4th, 2014, and is labelled Version 0.1 on the Apple App Store and 1.0 on Google Play. This version was the initial release version of the game.
Apple App Store update version 1
Released on December 12th, 2014, this version contains interface improvements for iPad and bug fixes.
Google Play version 1
This version is labelled version 1.0.2 and adds interface improvements and fixes a glitch that caused the game to fail to retrieve the "Remove ads" in app purchase.
Google Play version 2
This version is labelled version 1.0.3 and adds immersive mode support and fixes some bugs.
This version was released on December 10th, 2015, on both the Apple App Store and Google Play and is labelled Version 2.0 on the Apple App Store and version 2.0.2 on Google Play. This update adds coins, Bearwear with six unlockable characters, and changes some hazard patterns.
Upon release the game was featured in the "Best New Games" section of the Apple App store.
If the player dies at the very start of a respawn, the game enters a loop that causes the score to remain at 0. The only hazards that appear during this glitch are single rocks, which the polar bear is invulnerable to. The title audio can be heard, but upon pausing the game and resuming it with the glitch still in place, the in-game audio will play.
It is possible to die upon respawning if the player enters into a new game immediately after slipping on a hazard while an eagle is passing the screen. This can cause the polar bear to cross the eagle's path, thereby initiating its death.
- The first released version of the browser version retained from its mobile counterparts a button on the credits screen that allowed the user to purchase the in app purchase to remove ads, though when clicked in the browser version it does not work.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Game Developer's Blog - Nitrome: : Trailer for my latest #nitrome game with @JK48K [John Kennedy] This was our four week project. http://youtu.be/gigS5wSXqw8 #mobilegame, 28 Nov 14, retrieved 28 Nov 14.
- ↑ Game Developer's Blog - Nitrome: : Ahh! Finished all art on my new game project for #nitrome can't wait for all to see it., 17 Nov 14, retrieved 28 Nov 14.
- ↑ Game Developer's Blog - Nitrome: Roller Polar - Coming Soon - Mobile & Web! → comment by Nitrome: Roller Polar is first but they [Roller Polar and Gunbrick mobile] are both submitted and approved so it's more a strategic move than them not being ready., 29 Nov 14, retrieved 29 Nov 14.
- ↑ Game Developer's Blog - Nitrome: Roller Polar - Out - Free on Mobile!, 4 Dec 14, retrieved 23 Dec 15.
- ↑ Game Developer's Blog - Nitrome: Roller Polar - Web Version - Released!, 9 Dec 14, retrieved 23 Dec 15.
- ↑ Game Developer's Blog - Nitrome: Friday! → comment by Nitrome: and work hard to get a game and update [Roller Polar update 1] approved before Xmas., 1 Dec 15, retrieved 23 Dec 15.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Game Developer's Blog - Nitrome: Xmas Rollar Polar Update!, 10 Dec 15, retrieved 23 Dec 15.
- ↑ Game Developer's Blog - Nitrome: : Woop! Look who's game made it to the featured best new games section on appstore. Game is called Roller Polar btw ¬_¬, 4 Dec 14, retrieved 4 Dec 14.
- ↑ Jon Annal on Twitter: : #8bitdoves and #Rollerpolar are in best games you never played., 29 Dec 14, retrieved 29 Dec 14.
|General||Roller Polar • Snowballs • Polar bear • Bearwear|
|Hazards||Penguin • Beavers • Mooses • Birds • Snowmen • Rocks • Trees|
|Free||Endless Doves • Roller Polar • Platform Panic • Magic Touch: Wizard for Hire • Silly Sausage in Meat Land • Cooped Up • Green Ninja • Vault! • Beneath The Lighthouse • Gopogo • Rust Bucket • Leap Day • Stretch Dungeon • Hop Swap • Silly Sausage: Doggy Dessert • Flat Pack • Turn-Undead: Monster Hunter • Colorblind: An Eye For An Eye • Turn-Undead 2: Monster Hunter|
|Premium||Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage • 8bit Doves • Gunbrick (mobile) • In the Dog House (mobile) • Bomb Chicken|
|Published||Ultimate Briefcase • Redungeon • Magic Mansion • Drop Wizard Tower • Tower Fortress • Slime Pizza • Nano Golf: Puzzle Putting • Spike City • Nano Golf: Hole in One • Spicy Piggy • Sprint RPG|